Sunday, June 15, 2008

Watkin's Glen Hike

Watkin's Glen, NY is home to one of the most stunning state parks we've ever seen. These pix are from our mile & a half hike from the top to the bottom, continued from my Memorial Weekend post. The scenery is so breath-taking that I thought it deserved it's own post. Strollers were not allowed on the trails, but Max never complained and Mykah was too stunned by the beauty of our surroundings to think about anything else. The water poured over our heads at times, then plunged way below the trail at others. We had a beautiful day, so we wanted to share some of the view. We also drove to the Watkin's Glen International Speedway, but couldn't get close enough to get a great picture of the race track, but here's the sign at the entrance. My only regret is that the date stamp on these is an eyesore, but we'll never forget the date of this beautiful memory...




















5 comments:

Brenda said...

What great photo's of you all. And nice pitching stance. The MLB has nothing on you. And glad to see nice your enjoying nice weather. We are FINALLY getting some ourselves. It actually snowed last week (on our anniversary no less). Good thing it wasn't our actual wedding day.

Hugs & Kisses,
The Brittin's

Nicole said...

What fun pictures!

Chad and Kelly said...

Cute pictures! I love vacationing! That is awesome about Harriet Tubman. I would be as excited as Myka. Looks like you guys are having a fun summer.

gavinandamandahemmert said...

Hey meg and joe!! I love the pictures, we miss you guys like crazy i hope that we can plan a trip up there maybe next summer! I will keep putting pics on. Love you guys hugs and kisses!!

gavinandamandahemmert said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.