Sunday, September 7, 2008

Amateur golf lesson

So, it's a beautiful day in New York today and Mykah decided to take her new golf clubs (courtesy of 8th b-day, Nana & Papa style) out for some practice. Growing up in a golfing family, I had to go help her with some things that I learned before I decided golf is an infuriating game and I wanted to throw the ball (and the clubs), instead of swing at it. As I was helping her, I did something I've never done before (that I'm aware of)... I turned into my dad, Max. Before I knew it, I heard things come out of my mouth that I NEVER thought I'd say. "Keep your eye on the ball!" "Don't try to kill it." "Keep your head down." and "Toe up!" Hmmm... all those times we say "I'll never be like my parents" only lasts until we're parents ourselves, I guess. And then, we sit & wish we could give that parent a big hug & kiss and say thank you for everything, even though I didn't appreciate it then... Love you, Max! Thank you for always making time to teach us things that we'd appreciate later in life and be able to pass on to our own children. What an honor for me to say "This is what my dad taught me when I was your age" to my own child. See you in just under 3 weeks.

TOE UP~



"Choke up on the club" was another favorite~



Head down, eye on the ball~



3rd Grade!! Here is Mykah on her 1st day of school. Our schools didn't start until 9-4-08. Why is it that we start to feel our age because of the grade in school our children are in?!



P.S. Big ultrasound on 9-26-08!! Get your vote in now for our boy name. Josh (j-o for Joe, s-h for Shauna, who is Joe's late Mom) is for certain (NOT Joshua, just Josh), but we can't decide on the middle name. Joe wants Thomas, because he thinks every child he produces should have as many of his names as possible. I want Oliver, for Shauna's maiden name, because I think it's stinking adorable... What do you think? Girl name remains Joey Shauna. Hopefully, we'll get full cooperation from the baby and will know what we're having that day. We are so thrilled that Mom & Max get to be there for the big reveal. We are also going to take Mykah~

5 comments:

Nicole said...

First off, Congrats on the baby news, how exciting!! I can't wait for the big boy or girl post later on.


I'm also feeling my age having a third grader if it makes you feel any better. It just seems life is passing too quickly, and seeing our own kids grow up makes it more real. Good job with the golf lesson, now that you are a pro teacher, how about giving me some lessons? ;)
Nicole

Brenda said...

Yeah! I'm so glad you finally posted a baby countdown. I've been anxious to know what the latest is. And I marked my calendar for your ultrasound date. So YOU better update us ASAP.

I love Oliver as well. Hope your Migraine's aren't as bad as mine have been. You'd thing I would of gotten over that already. Just 7 weeks left for me.

Love and miss you all.

The Brittin's

Brenda said...

Hi again. I just want to add that I love the name Josh Oliver. But it just dawned on me that his initials would be spell JOB. I guess that is one way to add the bible.

Hope you are feeling well.

Chad and Kelly said...

Ya, I love the name Josh. I am still praying for a little girl. I love to see Joe turn to mush. Plus, I think we have enough Borich men in the world. JK. Congratulations!!!

P.S. I also LOVE the name Joey for a girl! Super cute!

Anonymous said...

Hi Meg and Joe & family,
I'm so excited for you I love the name josh very cute the way you came up with it.And Joey for a girl would be great. I'm new to the bloging I hope I can get my page up and running soon I am stupid when it comes to computers!!!! CONGRATS stay intouch let us know .Oh, and as for feeling old megan and nicole I have a 14 year old and a 11 year old YIPES!!!!

Love ya shauna and family