New York is absolutely stunning in the fall. There are shades of red, orange and yellow that before now, I thought only existed in a box of crayons! We are doing well, and enjoying a good football season here in the Ivy League (Joey's family: Quit laughing, his players only correct his English a couple of times a day, and have only tried to prove that what he teaches them is an impossibility according to the laws of physics a handful of times. Other than that, he's totally Ivy League material!) I've enjoyed the most wins in a single season so far as a coach's wife (We are at 4!) and it's been refreshing to see kids that balance football with education, not exactly what we were used to in Idaho.
Mykah is 7, going on 17, and is adjusting well to life as a New Yorker. She's going to be an East High cheerleader for Halloween (for those of you unfamiliar with the High School Musical phenomenon, lucky you!) She's also very excited because the costume is red and therefore Cornell colors. She fully intends on wearing it to the last home game! We'll let you know if that happens....
Max is 15 months physically, but we think mentally he already hit age 2. He's very opinionated and stubborn and we thank God he's so cute that we don't throw him to the woodchuck that lives under our deck. (Joey's family quit laughing, again. I know this is the son that Joey deserves, but what did I do?!) He's going to be a puppy for Halloween, but we'll see if he tolerates a costume-I'm betting NO! We live in an area where the neighbors have told us to expect 150-200 trick or treaters, maybe he'll catch on by the end of the night. We'll see... He's a climber, and we're betting he follows in the footsteps of cousins Rylee and Carson, and loses a tooth or two before he should.
We come home on December 23rd (YEAH!) and will be popping around to see everyone we can until January 5th. We'll let you all know more as we do. We can't wait to see everyone and we miss you all~
2 comments:
Yah! I am so glad that you got everything up and going! I absolutely love hearing about you guys. We miss you! Max will be darling as a dog for Halloween. Even if he doesn't stay in it long (it is really the quick picture that counts). I am going to put a link to yours from mine, I hope that is ok. If you have any other questions, let me know!
Love Kelly
Look how big they are....oh so cute can't wait to see them again. Love, Ellie and Kevin
Post a Comment